Monday, November 2, 2009

Because I'm a (Closeted) FanGirl...

Okay, I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who is probably a little too excited that Jonathan Groff publicly outed himself at the March for Equality in Washington D.C. That is ridiculously awesome, and what better place to do it?
This is not a gossipy thing I'm trying to do here. I just think it is really wonderful that a performer as talented, important and in the public eye as Groff (now beyond his stage reputation, having recently made his film debut in Ang Lee's Taking Woodstock and on an upcoming guest spot on the popular TV show Glee with former Spring Awakening co-star Lea Michele) is confident and proud enough to be open about who he is. There are so many people who look up to him and the example that he sets by coming out is an invaluable one.

What's more (and this is a bit Gladys Kraviz of me, I admit) is that he is reputed to be dating Gavin Creel, the successor to his Shakespeare in the Park Claude. It's kind of funny, but who can care when they are both so damn amazing? I hope they harmonize when they get all sexy.

Yes, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment